One of the basic principles, a foundation point of our beliefs, is that the family is an ETERNAL principle. With this belief proclaimed to the world (see proclamation); and personally I have asked for myself if it is true and received my answer, it was only necessary that We stand up for the true ETERNAL nature of marriage. We see marriage as not only a bond between a woman and a man, but an ETERNAL commitment between a man, woman, and their Heavenly Father.
Although some may not understand this, or it is very difficult because either they themselves or a loved one is struggling with desires to be with someone of the same sex, it is still the truth as I see it. I live here too - meaning why shouldn't I speak up for my beliefs - freedom of speech, choice, and all the other great amendments of being an United States American apply to me too.
For those who feel the same as I do, but are struggling how to associate with others who disagree I recommend the principles taught in this weeks lesson:
1 - Be willing to reach out to others
2 - Do not criticize or judge others
3 - Pray for greater love
MORONI 7: 46-48
46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—
48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, apray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true bfollowers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall cbe like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be dpurified even as he is pure. Amen.
Finally, my prayers are filled with hope, compassion, and a lot of humility. And although I am not a California resident - I have a deep love for those who live there, including those who choose a different lifestyle. I do not follow 'my church' blindly, I follow my faith, my heart, my understanding of what my Heavenly Father wants me to do.
All my love to those who read.
Finally, my prayers are filled with hope, compassion, and a lot of humility. And although I am not a California resident - I have a deep love for those who live there, including those who choose a different lifestyle. I do not follow 'my church' blindly, I follow my faith, my heart, my understanding of what my Heavenly Father wants me to do.
All my love to those who read.





No comments:
Post a Comment